Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that will satisfy the whole family? Look no further than Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs! These kabobs are loaded with marinated chicken and veggies and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. The result? Juicy and tender chicken with a perfect char on the veggies. In this article, we'll share with you the ingredients you'll need, how to make this delicious recipe, recipe variations, and serving suggestions.
Ingredients You Will NeedTo make Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro or parsley for garnishing
How to Make This Chicken Kabobs in Air Fryer RecipeThese air fryer chicken skewers are simple to put together. Here are the basic steps:
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken (reserving 1/4 cup).
- Cover and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Assemble the kabobs.
- Cook in the air fryer at 375°F for 15 minutes. Halfway through, flip the kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce.
Recipe NotesTo ensure your kabobs come out perfect, here are some recipe notes to keep in mind:
- Cut the chicken and vegetables into even-sized pieces, so they cook evenly.
- Reserve a portion of the sauce for dipping (or make extra). However, be sure it’s not any sauce that has touched the raw chicken but a new or completely reserved portion.
- First measure your wooden skewers to make sure they fit inside the air fryer.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for a few minutes while the chicken is marinating. This will stop them from burning during cooking.
- If you use metal skewers, be careful not to burn your hands when picking them up from the air fryer.
- Your skewers will be hot while rotating, so be sure to wear protection.
- Depending on your combinations, you may have leftover pieces of veggies. Consider creating veggie-only kabobs with those.
- The ingredients on the kabobs will shrink slightly while cooking.
- Some juices will drain below the basket. Collect and spoon them over the kabobs. Or keep for other uses.
Recipe VariationsOne of the great things about Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs is that they are incredibly versatile. Here are some variations to try:
- Use other veggie combos – mushrooms, carrots, small florets of cauliflower and broccoli.
- If you like heat, add some hot peppers.
Lemon Garlic Marinade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 fresh lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Greek Yogurt MarinadeMarinate for a few hours as the yogurt’s mild acidity will tenderize the chicken.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, turmeric, cayenne, and paprika
- Salt and paper
- Juice of a lemon (1/2 for the marinade and 1/2 for squeezing over the cooked kabobs